西瓜高清播放器The end result in all environmental pursuits should be to meet the needs of today without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Spec? began looking for meaningful ways to implement a sustainable program in earnest in 2006.
At the end of our investigation, Spec came to the conclusion that aligning with BIFMA and their Sustainability Standard provided us with the tools and administrative controls to minimize our environmental footprint and take the next steps towards sustainability.
西瓜高清播放器BIFMA has developed a certification program called level which is expected to be the benchmark standard for business and institutional furniture — like LEED is for buildings. level addresses all three aspects of sustainability (environmental, economic and social) and includes criteria for evaluating materials, energy and atmosphere, human and ecosystem health, and social responsibility. By adopting these voluntary standards, we have the expectation that Spec will be a leader in our industry and provide customers with products that are certified Sustainable under the BIFMA level? program.
Spec Furniture? is planting enough trees to completely offset the equivalent greenhouse gas emissions generated from our annual electricity consumption. The initiative comes as a result of an ongoing commitment by Spec Furniture and its people to improve everyone’s health and wellbeing. Spec has a track record of minimizing the use of energy by upgrading to energy efficient equipment, switching to eco-friendly and recyclable materials, redesigning packaging to further reduce environmental impact or finding sustainable recycling solutions for materials remaining after a job completion. In 2017, Spec Furniture has pledged to plant 225 white pine trees, offsetting the equivalent of approximately 29 tons of carbon dioxide (C02).
西瓜高清播放器Spec is committed to:
- Continuously improving environmental performance through:
- the use of recycling and recycled products
- minimizing waste and encouraging the use of bio-degradable products
- aiming to achieve 100% waste diversion by 2020
- efficiently using water, energy and transportation
- using materials from sustainable and renewable resources
- minimizing the use of solvents and other harmful materials
- preserving the environment in and around our facilities and within our community
- Compliance with environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance.
- The education and training of our employees in environmental issues and the environmental effects of their activities.
- Monitoring our progress and reviewing our environmental performance on a regular basis.
- Encouraging our customers and suppliers to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way